Sunday, December 12, 2004

Lost in the Grooves

So I probably should be working on my paper, but I've neglected thus far to mention that three of my music reviews appear in the spanking-new anthology Lost in the Grooves: Scram's Capricious Guide to the Music You Missed. Covering everything from Schooly D to Klaatu to Pac-Man Fever, this is a friendly (read: not snooty indie-record shop-like) travelogue through some of the greatest (?) overlooked albums of all time. In case y'all are interested, I wrote reviews of Johnny Cash's Bitter Tears, the Embarassment's retrospective collection Heyday, and the Poster Children's Junior Citizen. But don't take my word for it; with names like Rick Moody, Peter Bagge and George Pelecanos attached (not to mention all-star editors Kim Cooper and David Smay), this is the hippest without being hipper-than-thou cast of music lovers ever assembled. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home