Monday, August 23, 2004

The Life Aquatic

Discovered the trailer today for the impending Wes Anderson feature, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. I can't wait--I love Anderson's films, Rushmore in particular. The new film features Bill Murray again (of course), along with Owen Wilson, Anjelica Huston, Willem Defoe and Cate Blanchett. (I don't have a lot of love for Huston, I have to admit, but the rest of the cast is stellar in my book.) Familiar themes are evident in the glimpses offered--fathers and sons, families, obsession. Do I care that Anderson is revisiting these themes? No. Ask me again after a couple more movies, I might be more concerned with him striking out for newer territory. Right now I'm just happy that there are people letting him make movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home