Thursday, June 23, 2005

Belated Scholarship

Anyone remember when I did that survey on copyright, and asked for a bunch of you folks to help me out? Well, I'm finally getting around to posting it online (as a .PDF file, so you'll need Acrobat), for those who are interested. It was only a B paper, though, so keep that in mind as you read. Heh.

I won't go into the details of the paper, as I hope it will be more or less self-explanatory, but if anyone has questions feel free to ask. For more background on the development of copyright (which is not extensively covered in this paper), I'd recommend checking out Lawrence Lessig's book Free Culture (available as a .PDF download at the preceding link) and/or Siva Vaidhyanathan's book Copyrights and Copywrongs. These guys are the rock stars of the copyright debate right now, and both books are readable, illuminating, and opinionated (but well-reasoned, in my opinion).

Go here for my paper.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

You're very welcome! Thanks for an illuminating (if sobering) read!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home