Monday, September 05, 2005

Links Before Bed

I'm back and I'm spending too much time reading news. Here are a few of the better/worse things I've seen:

An open letter to Dubya from the Times-Picayune.

This guy is saying what I've been thinking: this was criminal negligence. Someone should be behind bars for this.

It's also dereliction of duty.

In addition, Crooks and Liars has some amazing video from the past week, particularly valuable for the cable-challenged like myself. Check out Kanye West's unscripted (and, unfortunately, nearly incoherent) assertion that "George Bush doesn't care about black people" during the "Concert for Hurricane Relief." Check out head Bush apologist David Brooks as the scales fall from his eyes (I'll lay odds they're back on by next week, but still). Check out CNN analyst Jack Cafferty calling the Bushies on their bullshit and doing it more than once. Perhaps most harrowing, Geraldo Rivera and Shepard Smith on Hannity & Colmes. I know it's Geraldo Rivera, but watch it anyway. I, for one, have gotten so accustomed to a press that doesn't report on reality that to see it happen, all of a sudden, is enough to make my head spin. There are a lot more clips over there worth watching. People are frustrated and angry. I wonder if it will come to anything in the end.

'Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home