Friday, January 06, 2006

I Love Those Cupcakes Like McAdams Loves Goslin

Interesting painting meme going around. Not sure if it's really a "who would paint you" thing so much as a "who would you like to paint you" thing. My first thought was my old fave René, but if it were him doing the job there'd be an apple covering up my face or something. I thought about Salvador or Pablo, but "Hello, obvious man!" Not to mention that my vanity couldn't take the grotesqueries of my portrait in those hands. And then Christopher pointed out that there are painters in other mediums as well. So my choice is Bill Sienkiewicz, who luckily has already done some work that bears a great resemblance to yours truly:



Uncanny resemblance, don't you think?

4 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Sienkiewicz was my first choice, with Simon Bisley as a close second. The sadly departed Museum Of Words And Pictures in Northampton MA had one of his paintings of Electra that I could have stared at for hours and hours.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Erin Gratz said...

first pick would be Modigliani. but i'd like to see what Kandisky would've come up with...all geometric and circle-y.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, honey, i think you're scarier than that. And there were at least ten spacemen attacking you last time I saw you.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Haddayr: Chagall is good shit, alright. I always forget that I like him, for some reason.

Barb, I had no idea you were so Heavy Metal! Bisley is great, though.

Erin, I could totally see you in one of those Modigliani paintings. Ahem.

Meghan, of course I'm scarier, but if they actually captured my essence the children would cry. (Also those are not spacemen, they are the New Mutants, and I am the DEMON BEAR! I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL!)

(Honest mistake, though.)

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home