Thursday, June 23, 2005

The Bad News

My laptop is just about dead, I'm afraid. This happened last year at about the same time of the year, which makes me think it doesn't like the humidity. That, and the fact that its hard drive is brimming with music files, leaving almost no room for anything else. Time for a new plan.

So: a new desktop is on its way, one with five times the hard drive capacity and a snazzy flatscreen. It's not very street--I remember the days when my buddies Chris Miller and Evil Doug would build my computers for me out of parts--but it should last a good long time, and allow me to play some games and other sorts of things. (And when the new Pirates of the Caribbean MMORPG comes out, I might actually take the plunge.) Also on the way: an external hard drive for backups, and for transferring info between the laptop and the desktop assuming that I can get the former back in working order again. My plan is to strip it down to the essentials, no music files, no Internet stuff, just my writing files. Hopefully I can get another year or two out of it that way.

Now I just have to hope I can manage to do all this in the ninety-degree heat . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home