Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Pub News

As in, "lication."

Sorry, that makes no sense.

My copies of Talebones #30 arrived today, with a striking cover by Jeff Sturgeon. My story of airport insecurity and identity travel, "A Whole Man," is on page 44, facing a nicely done photo illustration by Eric M. Turnmire. Thanks, Eric!

I'll wait while you all rush to get a copy.

. . .

OK, just in case my story's not enough to sell you, here's the skinny. This is the 10th Anniversary Issue of Talebones, and it includes stories by Anne Harris, Nina Kiriki Hoffman, James Van Pelt, Ray Vukjevich, Brian Scott Hiebert, Jason D. Wittman, and Michael Poore; poetry by Katherine Elwevar, Roger Dutcher, and William John Watkins; an interview with Ben Bova conducted by Ken Rand; and reviews by Edward Bryant. Not to mention the content provided by editors Patrick and Honna Swenson. Congratulations to them both on ten years of Talebones, and thanks!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read your story yesterday and finished the issue today. Very shiny issue, IMHO. Once I got past the "oh, no! it's an airport man story," in "A Whole Man," I was repeatedly thrilled by the language and the characterization, yes, yes, what the story actually held for the reader.

PamM

8:22 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Thank you, Pam.

I didn't realize, by the way, that it was cliche to set stories in airports or bars until I'd already done both. Come to think of it, "A Whole Man" starts out in an airport bar, so it's a double sin.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are all these mythical airport stories? You'd think, if it's cliche, I'd have seen more than--well--yours.

But you'd be wrong. Huh.

-H

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That comment didn't come out in the way that I'd meant it. I loved the story. I shouldn't post comments when I haven't had sleep in 20 hours. I'm sorry.

PamM

9:58 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

No, no! I didn't take offense. I've heard from others that airport stories are a no-no, but I went ahead and did it anyway.

So, no worries.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home