Thursday, March 02, 2006

Maybe He Should Have Driven the Freshmen Out Instead . . .

In a few short hours I'll be headed down to Champaign, where the students are green and the campus is trashed. No, seriously. See, a few years ago they began holding an "Unofficial St. Patrick's Day" down there, since March 17th usually falling during Spring Break, the bars couldn't bear to lose the revenue. So by this time tomorrow half the student body will be pickled kelly green, and a couple hundred MLS students will be wandering around looking for parking. That's the fun part, that our on-campus weekend falls on the same spring weekend as this silliness. Honestly, I'm not offended--although this guy is--so much as annoyed. Haddayr told me last night that the old Irish tradition of St. Pat's turns out to be remarkably similar to ours, i.e. passing out in the street and peeing your pants. And granted, I was as stupid as this when I was an undergrad. But I'm not sure that's something to be proud of, and the parking situation is crappy enough down there without having to watch for children in belly shirts.

Anyway, this is my disclaimer for the lack of posts the past few and next few days. Mid-semester stuff coming due. Next week I'll let you know how my extemporaneous telling of "The Elephant Who Overslept" went for my Storytelling class. Nervous!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

>Next week I'll let you know how my extemporaneous telling of "The Elephant Who Overslept" went for my Storytelling class.

Also, I think this should be your Wiscon reading.

- H

1:27 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

You're sweet, Hannah. But not a chance.

Trent, I meant to check a faculty directory for you while I was down there, but I was too busy LEARNING.

And Haddayr, I spent the entire drive down practicing the elephant story (well, that and listening to A Tribe Called Quest), which I'll blog about shortly . . .

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home