Monday, October 23, 2006

And I'm the Cure for Any Disease, 'Cause Ain't Nobody Funky Like Me

Itsy Bitsy Spider-Man! Oh man do I want this. Maybe if I buy it for every kid I know I can sneak one for myself? Make sure to watch the video.

From another region of the Internet altogether comes this review of Rabid Transit: Long Voyages, Great Lies, pointed out by Mr. Barzak. Very thoughtful (and favorable, overall) look at that publication, with some kind words about my story "Shackles."

Not much news to report. Even though I spent far too much time slacking off this weekend for my liking, I still managed to get two chapters on paper. I had a period of a week or two where I wasn't sure what was going on with the new book; it's looking like it might be long, for one thing--perhaps even more-than-one-book long. I have misgivings about this, but then I'm the one who decided to take War and Peace as one of my models. Anyway, I like how it's shaping up so far, so I guess I'll just try not to worry and see how it goes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Akers said...

I'm attempting to constrain my jealousy over "I did way too much slacking" and "I got two chapters written."

9:03 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

It was probably more like a chapter and a half, I guess. I think my perception of slacking is a matter of the time I intended to spend vs. the time I actually did.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home