Monday, January 08, 2007

I Inject Pure Kryptonite Into My Brain, It Improves My Kung Fu and Eases the Pain . . .

Jed discusses the (somewhat murky and suspect) etymology of the term "can of corn." I must admit, I thought everyone knew this term. But then, I am rather myopic when it comes to baseball stuff. Man, do I miss going to games.

Chance sent me a picture of a baby elephant eating a Christmas tree. Chance is my favorite now.

Something I keep meaning to point people at is the Blue Sky Studios blog, where the thing that is done is that a challenge is posted, such as "draw a superhero" or "draw an evil robot" and several amazing artists rise to the occasion with pieces like this or this or this or, well, just go check it out. Blue Sky is an animation company, BTW. Like, the animation company that did "Ice Age"--so the artists are a bit higher caliber than the web at large.

Cat and Girl address the problem of elephant alcoholism.

I'd never have the guts to go so far, but this guy's tattoo is kind of awesome. (NSFW.)

Also, because I have the power of BitTorrent (Bwah-hah-hah-hah!) I have already seen the first two episodes of the new season of "24," and I just want to reiterate what I think we all already knew; Alexander Siddig is a sexy, sexy man.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd never heard the phrase "can of corn" used like that before.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Some baseball announcers still use it, but it's somewhat past its prime. Still awesome, though.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you watch the White Sox on TV you'll hear Hawk Harrelson say it a lot. It should be pointed out that any easy catch is a can of corn. It refers specifically to towering fly balls where the fielder remains camped under it simply waiting for the ball to come down.

How many days until catchers and pitchers report?

4:32 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

8 days, I think.

Yeah, you're right, it's usually a fly where the fielder hardly has to move.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home