Friday, June 25, 2004

Scattering

Seeds, I suppose. This one's a bit random.

I expect that I'll read My Life eventually, but this week I've just been enjoying the Return of Bill, in interviews with Dan Rather, Juan Williams and Terri Gross. It's amazing to me how much I like the man. I didn't even vote for him in the second term (that was when I still thought the Greens might turn out to be a viable third party), and yet just the sound of his voice makes me so nostalgic for the days when presidents spoke intelligently, reasonably, and frequently, as opposed to haltingly, defensively, and only-when-the-fourth-estate-is-muzzled. I don't want him to go away again.

I've had a productive week, writing-wise. Finished (I think) a revision--well, really more of a rewrite--on what used to be called "Dreaming of Buffalo" and I'm now titling "Flash Bison." Finished one new story, "The Water-Poet and the Four Seasons," one new poem, "How to Get Hit by a Car," and started a new story that's as yet untitled. No news on any of my submissions, though. Nine stories, two poems out there in limbo.

I'm getting nervous about school. In just under three weeks I'm starting an online Master's in Library Science program through UI-Champaign. I'm terrified that this is going to take away all my writing time. I'm not having second thoughts; this is something I feel is necessary if I ever hope to have some stability in my life, but I'm already resenting the workload, and I haven't even started my readings.

Tonight, relaxing with some red wine and Freaks and Geeks on DVD. I do love Netflix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home