Monday, March 06, 2006

There Goes My Hero

"MINNEAPOLIS -- Hall of Famer Kirby Puckett, the buoyant, barrel-shaped outfielder with the perpetual smile who led the Minnesota Twins to two World Series titles in a five-year span, died Monday at an Arizona hospital.

"In his 12-year career, Puckett won six Gold Gloves, the 1989 batting title and two championship rings. Puckett, whose weight gain in recent years had concerned friends and former teammates, died after suffering a stroke early Sunday at his home in Scottsdale, Ariz. He was 45."




Batgirl speaks for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kept getting really choked up thinking about it. It surprised me how much it mattered to me. I'd always admired him as a player, certainly. But it was a real gut punch.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home