Monday, May 01, 2006

Briefly Breaking Radio Silence . . .

. . . to let y'all know that my story The Water-Poet and the Four Seasons is live at Strange Horizons; it even has a snazzy illustration by one Ann Cathrine-Loo. Check it out; if you like it, or anything else that SH does, you should consider donating to their Spring Fund Drive! SH is reader-supported, but it pays professional rates to its contributors as well. In other words, everybody's happy!

I'll be back around in a more permanent-type fashion in a couple of days, knock wood. Suffice it to say: there has been much moving, and there is now much, much soreness; the avalanche of homework is now a thin crust of snow through which sunlight is visible; and suddenly I am hungry, hungry for books. Don't worry; my larder is well stocked. I have the sore legs to prove it.

Hope y'all enjoy the story.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Thanks again! Sorry about the commenting ordeal; I'd been meaning to switch to moderated comments, and now have done so.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the story printed out and ready for the reading (tonight).

You left the abode of the bluegrass girls? I wondering how that will change your style. Oh!

You should make a LJ poll in which we vote upon what you should read first. *grin*

PamM

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely story!

PamM

8:02 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Thanks, Pam!

Yeah, I left the old place to Marianne and moved into one of my own. A bit scary, but it should be interesting. I've not actually lived 100% on my own before, ever.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good story, Dave! Well done.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Thanks, Tim!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Good story, as usual! And Good luck with living on your own a go. If it's too hard, you can come live with my family and I'll stay in your apartment. I'm used to living alone and suffer from moments throughout the day now where I keep wondering *who* all these people are in my space!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Thanks, Chris!

So far being on my own hasn't been bad. My only problem (other than money worries) is that I'm somewhat shy and retiring by nature, so I'm going to have to force myself to get out and socialize.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home