Thursday, November 30, 2006

Please Note That I Am Not Linking to Britney's Private Bits

My copy of the latest Locus arrived yesterday, with my ugly mug right there on the Deals/Announcements/Milestones page, right next to Ted's. Woo-hoo! I need a better picture, though.

Go here and light a candle; the evil pharmaceutical company will donate money to AIDS research when you do. Maybe that makes them non-evil? My head hurts.

Back in my college/lost years I kept Capcom in business pumping quarters into Street Fighter II. I think I finished with all the characters except one, but I can't remember which one. Dhalsim, maybe. Which is apropos, since Dhalsim is one of the stars of Street Fighter: The Later Years. Hilarious stuff, and more to come.

Flashback video: the Cowboy Junkies cover of "Sweet Jane." Fucking gorgeous. I'm going to go watch it again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tim Akers said...

Did you seriously only just get that Locus yesterday? Man! I got that, like, three weeks ago.

My wife goes on at great length about Locus' color choice, or separation, or something. It somehow offends her graphic design soul at a very deep level.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Ted said...

I need to give Locus a better picture of me, too. I think you should give them the one you have on your Blogger profile; that's a good photo of you.

(By the way, I had to do a news search to figure out what your post title meant.)

10:01 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Tim: I just re-upped my subscription, so I think it took a little time for them to catch up. I'm glad they did.

Ted: your picture is better than mine. I would have given them the blog pic, but I don't have a copy of it that's hi-res enough. Maybe Mr. Rowe still has the original somewhere . . .

Also, RE: the news search. I'm very very sorry.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home