Monday, October 03, 2005

First Lines

I feel like I did this not long ago. I don't have a lot of stuff in the works at the moment, but I have a few things in various states of revision that I'll share:

"Shackles"

The Baker says he is a political prisoner, and we nod in solidarity.

"Grandma Charlie and the Wolves"

Grandma Charlie was outside gutting mackerel when Jean-Paul arrived.

"Proof of Zero"

I'm touching myself in front of my office window with the lights off while the blacktop below gives back the heat it absorbed during the day.

(Dirty!)

Untitled story germ:

Eventually Oma Dortchen grew so fat on all the stories that she sprung a leak.

Twig on Top of the Wayle (A children's book I may be writing for a school project):

Twig lived in the Wayle with his Great-Maw, his mother and father, and 255 cousins.

That's all there is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tim Akers said...

I'm deeply digging the untitled one.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Great! I blame the Grimms.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Michael, I keep taking them out and putting them back in. (I haven't really started the whole novel yet, so I can do that.) But dead of exhaustion sounds like a good out!

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home